Sunday 21 October 2012

The Daily Grind

So, another 2 days, another 2 sessions.
For the time being I have decided to go with a four day cycle of training, until I get into a regular working shift I figured this was a pretty solid option.
Day 1 - General conditioning - focusing on cardiovascular fitness and strength endurance.
Day 2 - Strength: Snatch work / Lower body pulling / Upper body vertical push & pulling + gymnastic/core
Day 3 - Strength: Clean work / Lower body pushing / Upper body horizontal push & pull + gymnastic/core
Day 4 - Rest / BJJ drills

So after my Run up tunnel mountain on Friday, yesterday was my Day 2 strength session.

1. Barbell Hang Power Snatch x 4 + OH squat x 1 (x 4 sets)

2. Deadlifts 4 x 12

3a. BB OH press 3 x 8-10 (intended to do more reps but the weight suprised me)
3b. Rope assisted one-arm pull ups 3 x 5-6 per side

4a. Hollow body rocks 4 x 15-20 reps (would usually do for time but forgot timer)
4b. Arch rocks 4 x 15-20
4c. Handstand practice 4 x 1

                                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then there was today's session:

 1. Hang Power Clean 4 x 5

2. Front squats 4 x 12

3a. Weighted dips 3 x 12
3b. DB one arm row (w/ pause at top) 3 x 12 per side

Bit of a short workout today, I finished off with a few BJJ mobility exercises but apart from that I called it a day.  Coincidently, while playing around I created (or discovered) a nice little BJJ drill (video coming soon).

So... Rest day tomorrow, general mobility work with some specific mobility for my shoulders and thoracic, then I will be trying out some more BJJ drills, will let you know what work and what doesn't.

Keep training hard.
Bradbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment