Saturday 3 November 2012

Fighting without an opponent

Being away from my Carlson Gracie BJJ team is one thing that I just can't compensate for in my individual training.  Yesterday was my recovery day so as usual I went through some solo Jiu-Jitsu drills.  Most of these were done on a small gym mat and take me about 45 minutes to get through.  The movements are chosen to keep me mobile for Jiu-Jitsu and to ensure my body and mind are still as sharp as they can be in sport specific movements.

After I had finished these drills I decided to do some work on the Swiss ball.  I have watched a few videos of BJJ artist's practising their movement on these but never really had a go myself.  I thought it might be a good idea to film it, so here it is.


Now I know my movement isn't great, I'm a bit wobbly and I use the same handful of movements repetitively but I thought it might be useful to put the video up here.  Hopefully in a few months I can look back on it and see improvements in both the quantity and quality of my movements.  Also, I thought it might give a few of you ideas.  Hope it helps.

Any comments welcome, just drop them below.

Keep training hard and living happy.
Bradbury




No comments:

Post a Comment