Sunday 18 November 2012

Raising the bar

Couple more days of sessions for you.

Friday:
Strength day

1. BB Full squat Cleans 3 x 3

2. Front squats 4 x 10 (62.5kg)

3a. BB Bench press 3 x 10
3b. Free hanging Inverted bodyweight rows 3 x 10 (Hanging from a bar, pulling myself up horizontal, legs crunches up, then doing horizontal rows from there)

4a. Arch rocks 3 x 15
4b. Hollow body rocks 3 x 15

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Saturday:
BJJ partner drills & sparring x 60 mins

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday:
Conditioning Benchmark session

100 Rope turns
10 Burpees (no sprawl, full squat to squat thrust, no press up)
10 Press ups
10 Bodyweight squats (full R.O.M.)
10 Pull ups (no kipping)

x 10 rounds as quickly as possible

Last time (23 Oct, almost 4 weeks ago) I finished this in 32min 50 sec and it felt tough.
I was pretty tired from a week at work but once I got into the swing of this I felt like I was going well.

Managed to finish today in 27min 35 sec (taking over 5 minutes off my previous time)

I was really happy with this but about 5 minutes after finishing I had major blood sugar level crash and felt rubbish.  Still, overall very pleased with the result.

Again, second attempts at benchmark sessions often yield good gains so it will be interesting to see how I fair in subsequent attempts.

Keep pushing yourselves people!

Train hard, live happy
Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment