Monday 12 November 2012

Working hard

Hey guys and gals.

Been a few days since I checked in with you.  It has been opening weekend at the mountain so I have been very busy with work and then squeezing in my training.  Here is what I have been over the last few days.

Wednesday (7th Nov):
BJJ Drills (with a partner) 45 minutes
Then Conditioning,
Tabata Intervals (20 sec of intensive work, 10 sec rest repeated for time) alternating between
Bar facing burpees & Barbell Hang power clean & push press (60lbs / 25kg)
x 6 minutes
Then straight into a progressive run on the treadmill, starting at 5mph and increasing it by 0.3mph every 20 seconds until failure.
Rest for 5 minutes
x 3 rounds of the entire thing.

On my runs I beat 8.6mph, then 9.2mph, then 8.6mph again.

This one was tough, the combination of Burpees and Clean & Press really took it out of me, recommended for anyone that wants to push themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thursday (8th Nov):

1. 1 DB Snatch 4 x 3-5 per side
2. Deadlifts 4 x 10 (100kg)
3a. BB Push press 3 x 10
3b. Side to side pull ups 3 x 10-12 (5-6 per side)
4a. Symmetrical Deadbugs 3 x 30 sec per side
4b. 1 DB overhead hold (with lat activated) 3 x 30 sec per side

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Friday (9th Nov):

1. BB Hang Power Cleans 4 x 4-5
2. Front squats 4 x 10 (60kg)
3a. DB Chest press 3 x 10 (pause at bottom, powerful concentric)
3b. BB Bent over row 3 x 10
4a. Cable face pulls with external rotations 3 x 12
4b. Handstand practice 3 x max

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday (10th Nov):

BJJ Partner drills x 90 mins

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday (11th Nov):

Rest day - went Snowboarding for 2 hours (lots of falling over)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Monday (12th Nov):

Conditioning day again, so I thought I would re-test a benchmark session that I did a couple of months ago.

12 Deadlifts
9 Hang Power Cleans
6 Push press
x 5 rounds as quickly as possible (minimal rest)

All with a 50kg Barbell.  Last time (1st September) I managed to do this in 12min 46 sec
Today I did it in 11min 15 sec.

I am happy with the progress but I still feel there is more time to be shaved off this one!

I will hopefully be doing some BJJ drills again tonight but for now that is it.

Stay posted. Any questions, just drop a comment.

Keep training hard and living happy.
Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment