Thursday 27 December 2012

A Rolling Stone

Hi Guys & Girls,

Hope you are enjoying the holidays, just a quick entry today.

As planned I took Christmas eve and Christmas day off (although I had to work a half day shift on Christmas).

I planned to get straight back into training on Boxing day but unfortunately my local gym here in Banff was closed.  I got home from a full days work tired but determined not to let myself slip from the schedule.

Once again I had to use the space and equipment available to me in my small shared flat, to do a conditioning session.  What I put together did the job.  It wasn't perfect but it got me working hard and breathing heavy and was far superior to just giving up and veg-ing on the sofa.

I decided to use Tabata Intervals (20 seconds of high intensity work followed by 10 seconds of recovery, repeated for time, in this case, 5 minute rounds).  I took 2 minute rests in between rounds.
In total I performed 4 rounds.

Rounds 1&2 were:
Burpees (full movement but no press up) &
Wall walks


Rounds 3&4 were:
Mountain climbers &
Short bodyweight rows from our coffee table



I wanted to share these videos with you, partly to show you a few of the exercises that I was using but mostly to demonstrate that a lot of work can be done in a small space with little to no equipment.

Never give up.

And don't worry about every session being perfect.  In an ideal world this isn't the session I would have been doing, but circumstances are rarely going to be perfect.

Rather than waiting for everything to be ideal, for the stars to be aligned.  Stop making excuses, stop saying "I will start my new exercise regime when...." or "In the new year I am going to really get on with it"

No! Start now! 

Sure it might not be perfect but some exercise, any exercise is better than none.
You will learn more in time.  Techniques will be refined and session will become more effective but until then, just get going and keep going.  A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Train hard, live happy
Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment